Singapore Student Visa
- Education in Singapore is considered to be the in the world according to a study conducted by OECD in 2015. In a very short time span of fifty years, the country, which was an erstwhile British Colony, transformed from a low-cost low skill labor market to a high skilled high-cost market. Education in Singapore lays strong emphasis on Mathematics and Sciences and children who study in Singapore frequently win top spots in international math competitions. The all-inclusive city-state: Singapore is the place where ancient traditions meet progress and innovation. This small island state, population 4.6 million, is located between Malaysia and Indonesia and is an ideal starting point for travelling around Asia. A unique mixture of traditional culture and western living standards at comparatively low costs create an interesting study abroad destination. All courses at the universities are taught in English which makes for an easy transition into the Asian world.
Why study in Singapore?
Higher education in Singapore has given it the reputation of being one of the most recognized education destinations in Asia, for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The National University of Singapore is ranked 1st in Asia, and 12th in the world as per QS world rankings 2016. Nan yang Technological University is ranked 13th in the world, and 3rd in Asia. For students, who intend to study in Singapore in order to pursue their MBA, Singapore Management University would be a good choice. It is one of Singapore’s best-known institutions in the field of accounting and management and is placed amongst the top 100 Management schools in QS world ranking.
- 1. In order to study in Singapore for an undergraduate course, the student needs to complete higher secondary schooling or GCE “O” level examination from an institute providing education in Singapore or alternatively have obtained an equivalent qualification of minimum of 12 years of study from any other country
- 2. In order to study in Singapore for their post-graduation, the students should have undertaken a minimum of 3 years of undergraduate studies in the case of a master’s degree and 4 years of undergraduate studies in the case of a doctoral program.
- 3. Students who intend to study for an MBA in Singapore universities are mandated to have a bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of work experience.
- 4. Students who wish to obtain an education in Singapore must be fluent in all aspects of English: reading, writing, speaking and listening.
For more information and feedback, feel free to contact us.