Poland is officially known as Republic of Poland. It is the 9th largest country in Europe in terms of area and is bordered by Germany to the west, Ukraine and Belarus to the east, Czech Republic and Slovakia to the south as well as Lithuania and Baltic Sea to the north. It is considered as the 34th most populated country in the world. The official language of Poland is Polish.
Poland’s first ruler was Mieszko who accepted baptism in year 966 and made Catholism as the official religion of his subjects. Years later, the famous battle of Hounsfield which took place on Polish soil saw Germany being defeated by the then Polish ruler Boleslaw III Weymouth. Later in year 1138, Poland got fragmented in several small duchies. It was from 12th century onwards that the rulers started emphasizing upon the education of their subjects. The first partition of Poland took place in year 1795 and continued till 1918. Later, Poland was invaded by Germany and Slovakia in World War II. In year 1945, Poland came under the rule of Communist party. However, in year 1989, Poland was recognized as a Republic of Poland.
Poland lies between latitudes 49 degree and 55 degree North and longitudes 14 degree and 25 degree east. The country’s geographical regions are divided into four hilly districts which are Pomeranian Lake District, Great Polish Lake District, Kashubian Lake district and Mansurian Lake District. The highest point in Poland is Tarnica (4416 ft) while the lowest being Raczki Elblaskie (6.6 ft below sea level). The country mainly enjoys temperate climate. While summers are warm with average temperature being 18 degree celsius to 30 degree celsius, winters are cold with average temperature ranging from 3 degree celisus to -6 degree celsius.
MBBS in Poland is highly sought after course and every year, the medical universities of the country draw several thousands of international students from across the world to get admission in them. With a strong infrastructure and hi-tech laboratories, Polish universities provide an ultimate ground for students to get the best medical education in the world.
By undergoing medical program in Poland, a student can be rest assured about the quality of education he is getting under the guidance of the best faculty members and world class infrastructure. This can be evident from the fact that the first full face transplant in the world was done by Maria Siemionow, a Polish doctor. The medical universities in Poland have a long and traditionally rich history as several world famous doctors have been trained in these universities. In fact, Poland’s medical institutes are the oldest and most respected institutes in Europe.
Listed under WHO and IMED directory, the MBBS degrees of Poland are recognized throughout the world. The students, after completing their education from there can practice in their own country or anywhere else in the world.
Poland is the only European country which displayed a sign of increasing GDP, even during the time of global financial crisis, thus being called as a stable economy of the world.
If you have decided to study MBBS in Poland, then there are some things that you must take care of before you enroll in any of them. These are:-
Majority of the Poland’s universities fulfill the above mentioned criteria and therefore a student can easily look forward towards getting admission in them.
- a. The institute must be at least 30-40 years old and have years of experience in teaching medical courses to the students. The older the institute, the better will be the quality of education. Moreover, getting an education under an old institute means that you will be acquainted with its rich history and tradition which will give your respect in the society.
- b. There must be fully furnished and modern teaching hospital in the university premises so that the medical students can prepare themselves to handle the practical situations and ever growing demands of medical career.
- c. There must be a scope of research projects in the university so as to produce better future doctors who will be helpful to the mankind. The research projects must be funded well by the government so that more students get drawn towards working on such projects.
- d. Qualified Teaching staff is also one of the major points that need to be considered before enrolling in any of the medical universities. Every staff holder must be either an MD or have a PhD degree.
- e. Look for recognition and accreditation of the university before taking admission in it. The university must be government approved and listed under World Health organization’s directory of medical institutes.
For more information and feedback, feel free to contact us.